The medieval Rødenes church is beautifully situated on a headland in the northwest of Lake Rødnessjøen. It was probably built in the 1200s.
Between 1703 and 1709 it was extended 5,5 m to the west and the present timber frame clock tower was added. At the same time a porch was built on the west side and a vestry on the north side of the choir, both in timber.
The medieval roof truss remains, while the original shingle roof has been covered with tiles. Inscriptions on the tower include one by King Fredrik IV (1690 - 1730). An early Gothic crucifix and church clock remain from the medieval period.
Approx. 17km north of Ørje on the west side of the lake Rødnessjøen.
Call the parish office +47 69 81 18 46