Trøgstad kirke is a stone church dating from the first half of the 1200s; the vestry was added on the north side in 1697. The church is built in the Romanesque style and was restored in 1905.
The decoration is unusual with texts from the Scriptures forming a belt around the interior of the church, which also features an acanthus altarpiece from 1712. During the war in 1808, Prince Christian August and the Norwegian troops camped by the church, which now has a memorial dedicated to him.
The church lies in Rv22, just south of Skjønhaug centre.