The Conventions House was build in 1778 and iwned by the Anker family.In 1814 king Christian Frederik lived here for several weeks during the negotiations with Sweeden and the Swedish Crown Prince, Karl Johan. And on the 14th of August the "Convention of Moss" was signed. This made peace between Norway and Sweden and we've had Nordic Peace for over 200 years. It also saved Norwegian autonomy and constitution.Today, the Conevention House is used maily as offices and shool class rooms but during the summer we have guidet tours and it is also possible to book guidet tours for groups.
Contact Visit Moss by phone +47 69 24 15 20 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org