The districts' main church dates from 1844. Most of the building material used was stone from the old medieval church which stood on the same site. The medieval church had been destroyed by lightning in 1841.
Contemporary descriptions and a copperplate based on a drawing by Jacob Nicolai Wilse from 1779 give a good impression of how the medieval church looked.
With its strictly Classical design and symmetry, the church is somewhat unusual for the county. The baptismal font from the medieval church remains, together with two wooden figures from the 1200s, a crucifix and a Madonna, which are kept in the national Antiquities Collection. The church bells date from 1595 and 1625.
Spydeberg's oldest church is Hovin church, built in 1720 in the north of the district. Heli church, in the south of the district, was destroyed by lightning in 1996. A new church was built and dedicated in 2001.
Spydeberg church lies by Rv 120, apx 2km south of the E18